lauantai 28. marraskuuta 2015

Full, done, finito.

Hey.

Got home an hour or so ago...

Didn't do well with selling my works, since my total is zero. I got nothing sold.
My darling got, luckily.

Visited a friend and her parents since we were close by and they came to see us at the market where we were selling.

Yeah, many grannies looked at my works: "Oh, that's so nice..." and then moved along...
Most of the people just stared and walked past the table, most straight to the alcohol store or whatever it's called in English.

Seriously?

I've known for years now that artisans in Finland aren't that appreciated, but seriously?
The people here suffer from stress that comes from work, society and government. Some Finns have started to craft, crochet... color these so-called "adult coloring books" to brighten their grey days.

Still, artisans like me, aren't any better appreciated. We're just "nice" and easily pushed away from the sight or mind, though we, most of us, like myself, like to bring happiness and spark up the life.
Surely, I too want credit from my works, money too since I do this for a living.
But the thing is... Most Finns think of this as a hobby. "It's just a hobby..." and I'm pretty sure some think in their minds that: "I can do better than that. I won't pay for that." ...even though the product they're looking at isn't that expensive.

But... I don't want to force myself into a job I hate doing. Being an artist or artisan has been my dream job ever since childhood. I'm NOT giving that up!
I know myself well enough that I wouldn't do well as a nurse as an example...
I appreciate nurses, they have a tough job, both mentally and physically.
I wouldn't do well as a kindergarden worker. No. I don't like kids that much... I don't want kids of my own. It's a personal choice and I have a right to keep it that way. No kids for me.

A teacher? Nah... I'm bad at explaining things, though I know how to keep it short and simple.

No. I'm proud to be an artisan. A ceramic artisan is even more epic :D especially in Finland, since it's... not that common to be one here.
People here, at least them I've met, don't even know what an artisan is, nor that what ceramic means.
So, I'm rare on my field of profession. And damn proud of it!

But, now I'm done with ranting about this.
Time to relax after long day's work (finally) and cuddle up with my darlings ♥

Till next time (rant)... Be creative and proud of it!

With shining ☆, J.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti